This is my attempt at making this chicken casserole thing my mom cooks during the summers. Taste-wise it turned out successful, but picture-wise.. well, casseroles are just ugly things. The peas were an afterthought (for color). Mush!
You’ll need: a box of rice. I used Great Value Chicken flavor Rice and Vermicelli myself (because that’s what mom uses), a pack of chicken breasts, 1 can of cream of celery, 1 can of cream of mushroom, and some peas.
- First rinse off the chicken, put it in a casserole dish to be put in the oven. Pour the cans of cream of celery and mushroom in it and mix it around. Let it bake in the oven around 375 for around 30 minutes or so, flipping the chicken every now and then.
- Don’t forget while you’re doing that, you could making the rice. Just follow the instructions on the box for this one.
- Eventually your chicken will be done, and you can choose to cut it up in chunks or not! It’s just your preference. Make sure the chicken is fully cooked though. Pour it over your pan of rice.
- Stir it all up. Add more pepper if you like.
- Stir in [frozen] peas at the end to give it more color and nutrients and the like.
And there ya go! Enjoy!